Jessica Alba: ‘I was very calculated. I wanted to be treated like a guy’

4:26 AM

alba cover


Jessica Alba and her Honest Company are being sued for $5 million for the company’s seemingly defective products, plus there are claims that the products are not as “all natural” and “chemical free” as Alba claims. I’ve been surprised to see Alba fighting back against the claims and the lawsuit, and she’s even been doubling down on The Honest Company’s products and its expansion. Alba’s Self Magazine cover story doesn’t mention the lawsuit, likely by design. The gist of the write-up is that no one can stop The Honest Company (now worth $1.7 billion) and the company is even expanding in Asia. Here are some highlights from the piece:


Her business acumen: “I’ve always been business-minded. I approached Hollywood like a business. I was very calculated. I wanted to be treated like a guy; I wanted to put asses in seats. I saved my money, invested wisely and marketed myself. I’ve been building my own personal brand over time.”


Why she made The Honest Company: “I was horrified by the realities around the use of chemicals, and also the link that these chemicals have to a lot of illnesses, from obesity to lung disease to cancer, allergies, eczema—all of it. I was bringing this little person into the world and I thought, I want her to be healthy. It was challenging to find products that were accessibly priced and effective. I was like, ‘It’s just gotta be easier for people.’”


Imposter Syndrome: “For a long time, I didn’t think I was smart. I felt like an impostor. It’s not until you feel whole in yourself that you fit in anywhere. And it took me becoming a mom to actually feel that way.”



[From Self & E! News]


Part of me doesn’t like the “treat me like a guy” or “I approach things like a man” argument. That being said, I’ve been accused of approaching life like a dude as well, so maybe I’m not the one to speak on that. Good for her for saving her money and investing wisely and all of that, but let’s be real – her “brand” as an actress was never that great. Her brand was “pretty actress with a hot body” and “actress who doesn’t see the point of screenwriters.” I think she did the right thing by focusing her energy on The Honest Company rather than her action career, is what I’m saying.


alba self


Photos courtesy of Self.


Jessica Alba: ‘I was very calculated. I wanted to be treated like a guy’


Get the inside scoop on the latest gossip, entertainment, & celebrity news on SheKnows! Find celeb photos, videos & top stories.





More On :

Jessica Alba: ‘I was very calculated. I wanted to be treated like a guy’


#Hollywood

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE






Like us on Facebook