Kelly Clarkson: ‘I’ve never believed in someone taking care of me’

8:12 PM

kelly redbook


I like that Kelly Clarkson shows off her baby River Rose whenever possible. I think it’s natural to want to show off your kid, but so many celebrities play these complicated games about “not wanting” to show off their kid while simultaneously showing off their kid. Kelly has no angst about it. She posts endless photos of River Rose on her social media, and here they are on the cover of the new issue of Redbook. Kelly is promoting her new album, but most of the interview is about motherhood and body image. Kelly has faced a barrage of body criticism from trolls and douchebags in recent months, and she’s still laughing it off. Some highlights from Redbook:


Kelly is all about sexy times with her husband: “I always swore ours would not be a relationship where we have to schedule sex. That is never going to happen. We put each other first. I call it the oxygen-mask mentality—take care of yourself first!”


Whether Brandon Blackstock is her other half: “Goodness, no! He’s a whole and I’m a whole. I’ve never believed in someone taking care of me, and that’s probably because I grew up poor and without a lot of family stability.”


Body critics: “There are just some people who are born skinny and with a great metabolism—that is not me. I wish I had a better metabolism. But someone else probably wishes they could walk into a room and make friends with everyone like I can. You always want what someone else has. I don’t obsess about my weight, which is probably one of the reasons why other people have such a problem with it.”



[From E! News]


Am I the only one who teared up at these quotes? I’m not hormonal, I swear, but I just felt such a strong wave of love for Kelly and her amazing positivity and outlook on life. “I’ve never believed in someone taking care of me…” YES. SO MUCH YES. Her husband does not “complete” her. She was not incomplete without a man. She was a whole person and she fell madly in love.


And this: “I wish I had a better metabolism. But someone else probably wishes they could walk into a room and make friends with everyone like I can.” Sh-t, I wish I was more like Kelly Clarkson. Kelly Clarkson for president!!






Had so much fun with River at La Voix in Montreal!! Thank you to The Fairmont Queen Elizabeth for the cute robe and lovely stay :) #We'llBeBack #MerciBeaucoup


A photo posted by Kelly Clarkson (@kellyclarkson) on Apr 12, 2015 at 6:15pm PDT




Photos courtesy of Redbook, Instagram.


Kelly Clarkson: ‘I’ve never believed in someone taking care of me’


Get the inside scoop on the latest gossip, entertainment, & celebrity news on SheKnows! Find celeb photos, videos & top stories.





More On :

Kelly Clarkson: ‘I’ve never believed in someone taking care of me’


#Hollywood

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE






Like us on Facebook