Meg Ryan: Conversations about aging, looks & hair color are ‘not that interesting’

11:03 PM

meg1


Meg Ryan has a new interview in Porter Magazine, and it’s a puzzler. Meg comes right out and says that she doesn’t want to have a conversation about aging and what it’s like to be 54 years old in an industry that worships 22-year-olds. CB and I were debating if Meg’s comments were pointed, perhaps at Christie Brinkley, who went on a few very public dates with John Mellencamp, Meg’s one-time crusty lover. Brinkley has been on a promotional tour where all she talks about is aging and being beautiful and all of that. So… maybe Meg is taking a very subtle swipe. Or maybe Meg is trying to shut down the conversation about aging because she’s been f—king with her face for years and she looks like a totally different person (not unlike Christie Brinkley, come to think of it). Here are some highlights from Meg’s interview:


On conversations about aging: “There are more important conversations than how women look and how they are aging. I love my age. I love my life right now. I love what I know about. I love the person I’ve become, the one I’ve evolved into. In my life I’ve been scrappy as hell, but I feel easy with things now. I think that comes with age. We get stuck in these conversations about looks and hair color and our roots. It’s interesting and funny for five minutes, but it’s not that interesting.”


So many haters: “There’s a lot of hatred in the world today—it’s so easy to judge. Imagine being a hater. How stupid! My women friends are not sitting around talking about…well, sometimes there are conversations like that, but the people I value talk about kids growing up, what kind of world they are going into, what we are eating, what we are breathing.”


On fame: “[It’s] definitely something I have had an evolving relationship to. I’m the kind of person who doesn’t want to be separated out…Fame is so cheap. Actually it’s not cheap, it’s privacy that is expensive.”


On social media: “Instagram and all that stuff is a lot of fun, but everybody has an audience now and that’s new. I think people can now relate to the idea of strangers knowing about them: sometimes that’s fine and sometimes you are misunderstood. Sometimes there’s misinformation.”


She’s still friends with her ex, John Mellencamp: “He’s the perfect kind of songwriter for this story. He’s world class. There’s not one speck of music that’s not his. He’s got some kind of magic touch.”


She’s happy: “I’m with my life right now in a way that I adore, with my kids and my world.”



[From E! News]


Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for women telling other women that superficial conversations about hair and beauty are not the most important conversations we should be having. That being said, I gossip for a living, so I think Meg is being too cute by half. We know she tweaks the hell out of her face. We KNOW it. She knows we know it. We know she felt the same pangs of superficiality and vanity that millions of other women feel. So why not talk about it?


FFN_PFW_Chakra_CHP_070715_51791912


FFN_PFW_Chakra_CHP_070715_51791913


Photos courtesy of Fame/Flynet, Porter.


Meg Ryan: Conversations about aging, looks & hair color are ‘not that interesting’


Get the inside scoop on the latest gossip, entertainment, & celebrity news on SheKnows! Find celeb photos, videos & top stories.





More On :

Meg Ryan: Conversations about aging, looks & hair color are ‘not that interesting’


#Hollywood

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE






Like us on Facebook