Kellan Lutz is not an ‘airheaded beefcake’: ‘I’m intellectual. I’m intelligent.’

6:20 PM






So, I guess I'm apart of the PRIDE now… @blackjaguarwhitetiger #saveourplanet #behuman #notpets #blackjaguarwhitetiger


A photo posted by Kellan Lutz (@kellanlutz) on May 26, 2015 at 8:28am PDT




Bless Kellan Lutz’s heart. I haven’t written about him (or thought about him) in months. But Kellan Lutz will not be ignored!! Kellan has a new TV show, and by that I mean he’s hosting a silly game show called Bullseye, in which contestants do silly stunts and that sort of thing. Kellan also posed with some really beautiful tiger and jaguar cubs and I couldn’t resist. Kellan Lutz + tiger cubs = actually pretty charming. Anyway, Kellan is promoting his new show and he sat down for an interview with Elle. You can read the full piece here (it’s pure Kellan Lutz Magic). Some highlights:


He eats French fries & fried chicken for lunch: “I love me some fried chicken!”


Why he’s not on a low-carb diet: “If I wanted to look like Brad Pitt in Fight Club, yes. But while that looks good, it’s not fun to get that shredded. For me, anyways. I love food.”


He feels skinny: “I feel skinny right now. I like being 215 or 220 when that sh-t is yoke muscle like in Hercules or the Twilight movies, you know? It’s fun getting big, but I haven’t had any time to work out during Bullseye.”


Why he decided to host a competition TV show: “The industry has really changed. When I started acting 11 years ago, there were things you couldn’t do: Movie stars couldn’t do TV. For me, I never had the dream of being an actor. I was going to college to play football and pursue a career in chemical engineering. So when I look at the industry, I don’t have the dream to win an Oscar. But, like, a lot of people get validation, or feel that there’s a level of success that comes from winning awards. Personally, I don’t need that. If I do [win an award], amazing! Look at Matthew McConaughey and what he’s done…I love doing action movies. I love doing comedies. I love doing dramas. And if I do one of those that wins an award, great, but I’m never going to choose a project to win an award. I never thought of myself as a host, but they showed what they wanted me to do and I was like, ‘I want to be on this show.’


Making friends with Twihards: “I’ve always been a people person, but I think growing up as the middle child, I always wanted attention. And during Twilight I learned that if you make your fans your friends, they’re not as crazy. A lot of the actors became so shy that they became unapproachable, which made the fans so crazy that they just wanted to rip their clothes off of them.


On Kristen Stewart & ‘Still Alice’: “I wanted that role of the brother so bad… Brilliant script. Everyone killed it. I mean, what a great movie. I read the script and I was like, ‘I want this.’ I even hit Kristen up and was like, ‘Put in a good word!’ But, regarding Kristen, you know, I’m proud of her for being herself. Times have changed now—there’s a lot of invasion of privacy and a lot of ruined moments. What [the paparazzi] take, capture, and release is often taken as a reflection of who that person is.


His public image: “Honestly, I don’t care. I’m not on social media, really. I mean, I have a secret Instagram that’s like my travel diary that nobody really knows about. I have it for my friends and family so they know where in the world I am. People just have this perception of what I’m like because of the roles that I play. If I get people to believe that I’m this air-headed, unintelligent beefcake, I must be doing a good job. But I know myself: I’m intellectual. I’m intelligent. I have a massive passion for science, mathematics, and writing. But in doing a show like Bullseye, I get to be the real me. I get to talk a lot about physics and when contestants ask me about, you know, ‘When do I jump?’ I can whip out all the variables of trajectory and velocity of speed…And then, with my inventions…I have five patents right now. My latest product is the Blackout Bands, which I use for traveling.



[From Elle]


He goes on about Blackout Bands, which are just really dark sunglasses that you can’t see out of. He invented (“invented?”) it when he was photographed on a plane wearing a sleep mask. As for the rest of it… bless him. There’s a lot to enjoy here. “I don’t have the dream to win an Oscar…” Good, because that’s not going to happen, baby. “If I get people to believe that I’m this air-headed, unintelligent beefcake, I must be doing a good job.” Bless. Kellan Lutz says Kellan Lutz is smart, intellectual. Kellan Lutz knows Kellan Lutz is not a dumb meathead.


wenn21997561


Photos courtesy of Instagram, WENN.


Kellan Lutz is not an ‘airheaded beefcake’: ‘I’m intellectual. I’m intelligent.’


Get the inside scoop on the latest gossip, entertainment, & celebrity news on SheKnows! Find celeb photos, videos & top stories.





More On :

Kellan Lutz is not an ‘airheaded beefcake’: ‘I’m intellectual. I’m intelligent.’


#Hollywood

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE






Like us on Facebook